4 Jul 2014

Daily snippet


  • After starting with motherboard PCB design, the very next thing that needed to be done was designing the daughterboard slot footprint, which needed me to decide a depth of the daughterboard.
  • I did not have a basis for deciding the depth, so I thought it is necessary to complete the daughterboard schematics and I completed the remaining daughterboard schematics yesterday and fixed a number of issues with existing schematics - 36 commits!
  • MIDI daughterboard schematics are based on this: http://www.personal.kent.edu/~sbirch/Music_Production/MP-II/MIDI/midi_physical_layer.htm
  • I have completed footprint assignments (CvPcb) and laid out components for RS232C daughterboard (PcbNew)

  • I plan to start PCBs for other daughterboards to spread out components and see how much space they would require and decide a depth.
  • After that I'll get back to motherboard schematics.
  • Not sure if the LED daughterboard has a use, since the serial lines are no bidirectional we can't connect LEDs directly. If it's done through a microcontroller we can probably use the GPIO daughterboard instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment